Thursday, July 24, 2008

Photography and Fireworks

Monday goes down as the day I saw The Dark Knight. It was so good! I will admit that in the hours right after seeing it I really didn't think I would ever watch it again. I had a pretty bad feeling about it but as some more time has passed and as I've talked to more people about it I really want to see it at least one more time. Everyone I've talked to who has seen it more than once has said that the second time is a lot better because you can see past some of the violence and such. Anthony put it very well when he said, "The second time through it is SO MUCH LESS nerve wracking and you pick up on a lot of the more hopeful tones in there." At some point I will indeed see it again.
So today I was reminded of the fact that I'm house sitting for my neighbors when she showed up at my door with the list of stuff to do and the codes and what not. It was actually made me pretty dang happy cause it's always pretty easy doings and great pay; especially considering what I have to do. A little later in the day (right in the middle of a particularly intense episode of Stargate) my mom got a call from Cindy saying that she left something and so we had to go over and try and find it. Just a bit of background before I go on....a few days ago I was cleaning my room and found a whole bunch of pictures I had taken for Photography and had stashed away. So as I started to look through them I sort of rediscovered my love for photography. There is something about holding my Canon AE-1 Program and manually focusing the shot and then getting the right F-stop and shutter-speed. I just love it! Not to mention when I manage to take an at least semi decent picture and then developing it and the feeling from doing something good! Okay, so that being said, when I stepped into the backyard I instantly saw something I'd never seen before. Some potentially amazing shots. Later, that is after I finished season 10 of Stargate and showered, I headed over with my camera and started to shoot. I'm not sure if any of them will really turn out exactly how I want them to but at the very least it was very fun and brought back some good memories. However, I was cut short when I looked at my phone only to see that it was 6:30. I had to go pick up Russell and Jocelyn so I headed off with my camera, and extra roll of film, and my tripod. When I got to Russell's house I called and he said he was going to come down later with Tyler. So it was off to Jocelyn's and from there to Ashley's for dinner and fireworks!
I'd been looking forward to this for some time partly due to the fact that there were going to be some people there I hadn't seen in a really long time. Also I was quite looking forward to hanging out with a certain someone. It was so nice to finally see and hang out with so many people; I've really been anti-social. At least to a degree. I must admit that I spent a good sized amount of time thinking about some stuff going on in my life. Namely one thing, or rather one person and what I'm going to do (whether or not to keep pursuing a possible relationship). I had been hoping to hang out with Rosie today (that is earlier in the day). When I texted her she told me that she and Samir were going to go see a movie, just as friends of course. My first reaction was that of frustration and slight hurt at being blown off again. Especially for and x-boyfriend. Luckily I've gotten better at not letting jealousy take hold and fester. I was able to just ignore the fact that she was at a movie with Samir while I was sitting at my house. When she and Samir pulled up at Ashley's house I was surprised when I didn't feel anything. Normally I would have felt at least some small pang of jealousy. Nothing really happened for a while, that is until she and Taylor took of on a very long walk. By this point I was starting to get a little annoyed again but for the most part I was able to once again ignore it. For the most part I blocked the times when she was with Samir and Taylor. I felt very much like she would rather be with them and I was okay with that. I also know that I tend to over analyze everything when it comes to girls and so I chose to try to not think to deeply about all this. As much as I tried though, it didn't work so well. I kept going back and forth between wanting to just cut everything off right where it was and to keep going and see if anything would happen. It didn't help when she chose to get a ride home from Taylor. Oh well. I just didn't/don't want to get hurt again. I've liked Rosie quite a few times since eighth grade and every singe time it has turned out pretty bad with her going for some other guy. I really have felt like this time is different though and so I decided to just keep trying. Not to mention that this time I also really like her quite a bit. I have no clue how this will all play out.....I'll just have to wait and see. I guess I have to realize that because I tend to read to deeply I get the wrong impressions/signals or what ever. Hence, I'm going to just wait and see what happens. So that's what's been going on with me these last few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment