Sunday, July 27, 2008

Canon and Stargate

The first thing I want to say is that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Canon by Pachelbel. I have always loved this song. I used to have it on a CD which I lost and I've been looking for that version for years. I finally found it and I posted it on here so feel free to check it out. I don't know what it is about it that just makes me happy when I need to be happy or sad when I need to be sad. There is something about it that can compliment just about any mood I'm in. It just that much better because I finally found this version of it. I have yet to actually download/find it on a CD but it'll happen eventually. Music has a certain power. It can inspire both good an bad. I find it interesting that something as simple as music can hold so much sway over our emotions and through that, our actions.

I want to take some time to talk about a certain TV show that I became completely addicted to when I discovered that Brady had the first two seasons on DVD. I've always enjoyed Stargate for some reason. Maybe it was the whole idea of being able to go to other worlds, or the fact that I've always been a bit of a succor for Sci-Fi and Fantasy...well mostly Fantasy. Anyway, I'd never actually watched any episodes in order so I never knew there was a larger storyline that connected them all. As I began blowing through seasons it never failed to amaze me how perfectly written these shows are. I couldn't find a single loophole anywhere. When I bought the tenth season it came with a sort of documentary on the history of Stargate and how it ties into all the ancient mythology from our history. I think that was one of the reasons it was so interesting, it gave a new spin on all the mythology without changing it in the least. On top of everything else the connection viewers can make with the characters. I can remember a few times when while watching I actually got sorta emotional cause one of the main characters died. I know it's a little sad that a TV show made me tear up but what can I say?


4 comments:

  1. sam, i started sobbing becuase of greys anatomny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to say, your Pachelbel canon love reminded me of this video. check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Goodness i love that song also. I have like four versions on my Ipod. And dont worry about the crying over a TV show- i do it all the time and its slightly true that girls find it sweet when a guy gets sensitive. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samuel, I miss you so much! Can we please hang out?

    ReplyDelete