Sunday, July 6, 2008

The beginning of the rest of my life!

Yesterday was a very bad day and I'm happy to report that I'm doing much better today. After I posted that post I went down stairs into my room and knelt down beside my bed and started to talk to my Father in Heaven. I expressed my concerns my worries my problems. I haven't prayed like that in much to long. I had forgotten the strength that comes from fervent meaningful prayer. Following that I sat down on my bed and pulled out my Patriarchal Blessing and really read through it. I didn't just glance over it. I was focussed on every sentence, every word. It's amazing to me how it just came to life for me. I received so much comfort from reading my blessing. Even if my life is going perfectly I'm at least feeling a lot better. I know that things are going to get better. I am determined to make my life better. I'm going to really try to do all the things I keep telling myself I'll do. This week is the beginning of the rest of my life so I had better make it count!

2 comments:

  1. i totally agree with you about the power of patriarchal blessings and prayer... it is crazy to me how powerful they are. But I am glad to hear that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jeez! thanks so much! that reminds me i really want/need to get mine...

    ReplyDelete