Saturday, May 12, 2012

Change

I was so excited to be at the University of Utah this coming fall semester. I assumed that I was done with all my general education requirements at SLCC. Once spring semester was over I sat down and looked at the requirements to find that I still need one more class! It was a shocking and stressful discovery. I was really looking forward to having a nice break from school this summer but it looks like I will be taking a class. I looked through for an interesting and easy class to take to fulfill the requirement and decided on Introduction to Music. I'm taking it online which I hope will provide me with the flexibility to take a week off for getting married.
Bishop Curtis at FHE

I am so sad to see my dear singles ward bishop leave us. He and his sweet wife are heading off to South Africa to serve a mission as the executive secretary the the area presidency. I am so excited for them yet so sad that they wont be here for the wedding. On Monday we had a BBQ next door at the Richard's house as a welcome to the new Bishopric and it was really quite fun. Being a ward photographer has been a really fun calling for me. It's interesting to note the different styles of taking pictures. The other photographer is outgoing and gets people to pose and the such whereas I am getting good at taking candid shots of people. It makes me feel like a bit of a creeper as I sneak around FHE taking pictures of people without them even knowing about it. I seriously love photography and I really want to get a new camera and some new lenses. Too bad they're so expensive and I'm so poor right now. All is well however. I am very grateful for the camera and lenses I do have.


Meg at FHE getting ready to roast a mollow
In closing, Meg moved back up to Syracuse to be with her family for these last two months before the wedding. I'm happy that she gets to spend some more time with her family but at the same time I'm just so sad that I don't get to see her as much. It's only been about 3 days since she left and I'm missing her like crazy. tying this back in to photography, she is my favorite person to photograph. Anywho, I am off to bed so I can pass the time more quickly. (I am leaving for Syracuse first thing in the morning for a mothers day breakfast with Meg and her family and I'm anxious to see her)

1 comment:

  1. You guys are so cute together. Love it so much. This time apart will pass quickly, I hope it feels quick to you both!

    ReplyDelete