Sunday, April 15, 2012

Missing Megan and Sunsets

This has been an interesting experience having Megan gone for the past few days. I've come to more fully realize how much time I really do spend with her and how much that time means to me. I only get to talk to her for 15-20 minutes every day right before she goes to sleep. I must say that I'm really looking forward to tomorrow when I get to go pick her up from the airport.
It has been a lonely couple of days without her. My great friends have done a good job at keeping me company but unfortunately it is not quite the same as having Meg. I can hardly wait to have her back.

On Friday I went to KFC with Hailey and Karena to get some fried chicken and then we watched "The Proposal." Things like this do help to pass the time and I am greatly appreciative of their effort. Then yesterday (Saturday) I went to a super fun birthday lunch for Dominique at the Cheesecake Factory. This was a first for me and I was not disappointed.

Later in the day I headed off to pick up some prints from Walgreens to put up on the ward photo board. On my way down I saw that there was an amazing sunset/landscape scene right in front of me. I realized that I'd left my camera at home so at the next light I flipped around and sped off towards home hoping that I would make it  in time. I got my camera and sped off to some high ground so I could capture this sunset. I took a few pictures and then headed off to get my order from Walgreens. On my way back up 400 South I had the thought..."I should go watch this sunset in the hopes of it being something great." So that's what I did. I drove up to Red Butte and parked. I ended up walking up behind the new Natural History museum to get even higher and I am quite happy with what I got.




1 comment:

  1. I love these shots! It's lonely to be without your honey, huh? You've almost made it!

    ReplyDelete