Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's gone....

So sad story, I lost my iPod. I'm hoping it may show up but I'm not so sure if it will. I have no clue where it could be. On the bright side of things, this my give me an excuse to get a new one which means I'll have more space on it which will be an amazing thing. I've had that little guy for a good four years or so. It was two gig nano and it was getting to be pretty beat. The other sad part of losing my iPod was my headphones went a long with it...or at least I think they did because I can't find them either. All in all it's okay.
Life is still amazing. I also might be getting sick but it's really not bothering me as much as it usually does.  I think it just comes down to the fact that I can choose to be happy in any situation. This is something that I have to be reminded of rather often but I'm getting better about just doing it on my own. Life is just so much more fun when you're happy. That's not to say that there aren't things that can and should cause grief and sadness. It just comes down to what we choose to do with those feelings. Are we going to let them build up and dominate our lives or recognize their presence and whatever is causing them, fix it, and move on? It's so much easier to dwell on the unhappy things in our lives but it sure doesn't do anything good for us.
Last night at Institute we were talking about the power of scripture in our lives and someone brought up Mosiah 3:19 which talks about how the "natrual man" is an enemy to God. It comes down to the fact that we are always going to struggle against that "natural man." The natural man is what entices us to do wrong, to be unhappy, to hurt others, to be prideful, and every other thing that is contrary to what God wants for us.


On Sunday I ran across my boss at church. Normally this is an okay thing...but not this time. I've been growing a beard for a few reasons and I've really enjoyed it. However, I've been a little worried the whole time because at work facial hair officially isn't allowed. I thought I just might be able to get away with it because I work on the grounds the whole time. Not so....my boss asked what the deal was with the beard which was his way of saying, "you need to shave or you wont have a job." So off it comes. One day I'll be able to grow it out again....maybe even later in the winter season once I'm not working anymore. So in short...all my facial hair is gone!

1 comment:

  1. This is a rollercoaster of a read. I read "It's gone" and thought "OH NO HE SHAVED!!!" and then I read about your ipod and was relieved... and then YOU REALLY WERE TALKING ABOUT YOUR BEARD TOO!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete