Monday, November 21, 2011

Mountains and Laugh attacks

It has been a while! So this last weekend was such a great one. The only problem with it was that it seemed to make the beginning of the week go by so slowly as I was anticipating Friday. It did finally come and it was up to my cabin to spend the night. I was looking forward to spending some time up in the mountains because that always seems to do me good and on top of that, I was looking forward to a storm that was supposed to roll in on Friday night and drop some serious snow. I was happy to share my beloved cabin with my friends and I hope they enjoyed it. I'm always a little worried bringing people up there for the first time, especially in the winter because of the small and simple fact that there is no running water (therefore you have to use the outhouse up on hill beside the cabin which can be a little uncomfortable in the winter) and it tends to be a bit on the chilly side in the cabin because of how old it is and how poorly insulated. (as a little side note, I hope everyone reading this enjoyed that crazy run-on sentence.)
Sunday evening I headed over to a great pre-Thanksgiving dinner which was pretty great. Following this Meg and I headed up to "the house" to do some homework. I was working on my Religious Diversity in America assignment and Meg did some Spanish and some studying for Anthropology. After a bit Meg decided it was time to get going on her muffins so we went on a walk up to her grandparents house to borrow some eggs and say a quick hello. It was actually quite enjoyable. They were happy to talk for a bit and I ended up with some amazing cookies and a little ice cream sunday. Once we got back I headed over to game-night. I felt bad I was so late because I'd promised to come...which I guess I did but I didn't make it in time to play any games.
Then it was back to Meg's and I got there in time to help her pull together everything for her muffins. She let me separate the egg whites which is always fun. They were super tasty muffins. The best part of the whole evening, and possibly the whole weekend was when Meg had an uncontrollable laugh attack which promptly spread to me. To say the least, we both ended up sitting on the floor of the kitchen a bit worn out.
(Photo taken by Meg)



Now, today has been a crazy day and a bit to stressful for my taste. I think it has to do with how tired I am. Once I can get some of these homework assignments out of the way the burden of life will be so much lighter to carry.

No comments:

Post a Comment