Monday, October 24, 2011

Corn, Angels, and My Xyloto

Life sure has a way of throwing you all off kilter. I've had the most amazing past couple of weeks. I'm in one of the periods of life where everything seems to be working out for the best and I couldn't really ask for anything better.
This last Friday I went on an adventure up to Syracuse, Utah to meet an awesome family, have dinner with some amazing people, and go to a fantastic corn maze. Saturday brought a much shorter work day than expected (this was so welcome and needed!), a depressing football game, and a super fun night watching Doctor Who where I learned about some creepy creatures called Angels.

Sunday was real busy.
8:00am - Text the Bishop to let him know about his appointments for the day
8:01 - Go back to sleep
9:00 - Get up and shower/eat
10-10:45 - Bishopric Meeting
10:45-11:45 - PEC
11:45-12:45 - Stake Presidency Meeting
1-4 - Church
4-4:30 - Mingle with chips and salsa
4:50 - Pick up Meg and eat an amazing muffin
4:55 - Stake Choir Practice
7:00 - Fireside with Elder L. Tom Perry
8:15-11:00 - A wonderful evening with an amazing person
11-12:15 - Talking to a good friend about love, life, moving out, moving on, and everything in-between
12:30 - Get ready for bed and read "one idea" in the scriptures and ponder myself to sleep
This morning I woke up at 6:30 to give myself some time to study for a math test which I felt more than a little unprepared for. It ended up being the first math test this semester where I answered every singe problem and I really think I may have gotten all the answers right. We shall see. I got home early from school today and made better than average bowl of Mac'n'Cheese while listening to the amazing new Coldplay album My Xyloto. (Somehow I'd totally forgotten this came out today and so when I was reminded it was like Christmas came early!)


Tonight I have a big FHE with my family to look forward to. Life is good. I don't think I would change a single thing.

1 comment:

  1. Sam I have hardly seen enough of you, you busy little bee! I miss your eyeballs. And I miss knowing beyond the vague details of what is going on in your life.
    BUT I mostly am commenting because THAT CD IS SOMETHING I LOVE A LOT!!! I listened to it like three times this morning. Such a freaking enchanting band. Love it. They even snuck Rihanna in it! Very good times.

    ReplyDelete