Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Days of Graduation

So the past few days have really been busy for me. The weekend consisted of Senior Prom and getting ready for it. To tell the truth I don't remember exactly what I did on Friday but Saturday was the dance. I had to wake up at 5:00 am in order to pick up my date, Brady, and his date and still make it up to Park City on time. (6:30) The ride up was pretty fun, it was spent following John up the canyon. He's a pretty crazy driver at times so it made things pretty fun. Once we finally did get up there we drove out to the field and after waiting for a while we found out that we couldn't even go up because the air was to unstable. So that was a pretty big bummer. Pretty much we woke up super early just to go to breakfast. So following that I dropped everyone off and headed home to the welcoming comfort of my bed for a nice nap. When I woke up I headed down to get my vest after which I helped Kate and Jeff with their house. When I got the door to pick up Shelbie I was greeted by her mother (love the woman!) and when I stepped inside there she was. Absolutely gorgeous!! I felt very luck to have her as my date. So we then proceeded to dinner at the Market Street Grill which proved to be pretty fun. I didn't talk to Shelbie a whole lot. She seemed a lot more interested in Alec and other guys. By this point I had realized that this wasn't going to be the date/dance I had previously envisioned. This being so, I put on a happy face and kept on going. The dance was really cool. I never would have thought I would be dancing in the State Capitol but it happened. I had originally really wanted to go paintballing for that after activity but I got the feeling Shelbie really didn't so I made the choice not to go and instead we went back to John's for a movie. It was awkward to say the least. Everyone but me and Shelbie were getting pretty friendly cause for the most part they were all dating. Everyone except Kevin and Suzanne. Anyway, it just wasn't very fun over all. I tried to make it a good experience for Shelbie even if I didn't have all that much fun. Anyway, I'm very glad it's over.
So Sunday was a pretty normal day at church....well I guess not really. I got my Duty to God award so that was fun. It comes with an awesome metal coin. As my dad pointed out at every opportunity, it's got some heft to it. After church I got ready for my Eagle court of honor. That proved to be way fun. Dave had his old scout shirt on for the eagle's nest. This proved quite comical due to the fact that Dave no longer fit into his shirt...So after that it was off to the Seniors Fireside at the Stake Presidents house. It was really fun to be with all the people in my stake but it wasn't quite what I had expected. It was good though.

So I'm finishing this entry a few days later I as a result of that I've forgotten some stuff about what I did. This also means it's probably not very important or interesting so I'm going to jump straight to my graduation. So the morning of we had a practice where they just talked us through everything and read through all the names. VERY boring. So after that, I spent the hours leading up to the graduation not really doing a whole lot. I watched some Stargate (which I'm pretty much obsessed with right now just fyi) and...thats about it. So once it came time, Samir picked me up and we headed down. To tell you the truth, the whole thing was rather boring. Nothing really sticks out other than the fact that, as many of the guys pointed out, all the girls looked quite good in white. Anyway, after the ceremony I took pictures with family and friends and headed home to get ready for Classic Skating. The bus ride there was pretty fun. Ali, Rosie and I played the zoom game for a while and just talked. I had a party that Classic as well. The roller blading itself proved to be the least fun activity. Quickwits was there and they were, as usual, hilarious. All the blowup stuff was really fun to play on as well. The whole night was just one big party, hence, it was my graduation party. After all this I decided to come home and go to bed rather than stay up any later and I'm quite happy I did. The next/last few days have been spent just relaxing on my own and going in to work. I finished watching season eight of Stargate today so that will free up some time for me because I don't know how I'm going to get the next few seasons now. Hopefully Micky will hook me up. I've also been prepping for Havasupi. I really hope I get everything packed that I need.

2 comments:

  1. you watched the first eight seasons of stargate. impressive. good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I hit up CostCo last night and they had a boxed set of every season of X Files and I was like "YES!" and then I realized it was like $200.00 which isn't really that bad when you look at unit pricing, but it's still a lot to cough up for something I'm not even entirely sure whether or not I really like since I've only seen a few episodes.

    ReplyDelete